Presbyterianism in the Upper Ohio Valley
(Author, Andrew G. Slade, published 1976) – Title page - An authorized publication of the Presbytery of the Upper Ohio Valley in commemoration of the 200th anniversary of the United States of American in 1976
Pleasant Hill Presbyterian Church – This church was organized with 31 members on May 11, 1866. The first building was completed on October 18, 1866. In July of 1868, a call was issued to Rev. R.H. Van Pelt. The second pastor was the Rev. John Boyd from 1870 to 1874. Other ministers were Rev. W.V. Faris and Rev. John McCracken. The Rev. J.P. Leyenberger was called in joint pastorate with the Island Creek Church from 1893 to 1903. He was followed by Rev. Thomas Hine and Rev. W.R. Russell and the Rev. E.G. Morris. In 1943 the church was almost completely destroyed by a tornado. The church was then rebuilt. In May of 1962, the first women elders were elected and a new manse was built.
These electronic pages may NOT be reproduced in any format for profit or presentation by other organizations or persons. Persons or organizations desiring to use this material, must obtain the written consent of the contributor or the legal representative of the submitter, and contact the Jefferson County archivist with proof of this consent. The submitters have given permission to the Jefferson County Chapter, OGS to store these files permanently for free access.
Copyright © 2007 - 2015 - Jefferson County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society - All Rights Reserved
This website is designed and maintained by Amy Hissom-Daugherty